Mind Body Skills Group
June 1-July 27th
Abby Carter, M.S., E-RYT
913 424 0448
Mind-Body Skills Groups are beneficial for chronic illnesses and conditions such as:
- Depression & Anxiety
- Post Traumatic Stress
- Life Transitions
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- Chronic Pain
- Fertility Issues
What is a Mind-Body Skills Group?
A powerful and effective combination of research based* healing therapies that help you reduce stress, deal with life changes, and create a network of support. Mind-Body Skills Groups help people to transform the physical, mental, emotional, social, and spiritual dimensions of their lives.
*statistically significant decreases in depression, trauma symptoms, anxiety, anger, and sleep disturbance, and increases in mindfulness, self-efficacy, and quality of life
Learn to Master Skills Such as:
- Meditation: creating a peaceful and quiet mind
- Guided Imagery: using your imagination to help your mind and body heal
- Breath Work: enhance your health by breathing more fully
- Movement: become aware of your body’s natural responses
- Art therapies
- Family of Origin Work
- Spirituality and Life Purpose Work
Each group meets once a week for 8 weeks and each session lasts for 2 hours. The current cycle is every Thursday starting June 1 530-730 and is enrolling now! Spots limited so secure asap!
The fee for the program is $900 and payment plans and limited scholarships are available.
Participants Have Experienced:
- A decrease in depression and anxiety
- A heightened sense of well being
- Better coping skills for managing pain, illness, and stress
- Fewer physical symptoms of illness, less pain, less fatigue, and more energy
- Enhanced immune system function
- Greater self-awareness and positive perceptions about their own lives
About the Facilitator
Abby Carter is a mind-body practitioner. She holds a Master’s of Science in Mind-Body Medicine from Saybrook University and received her advanced training for Mind-Body Skills Groups through The Center for Mind-Body Medicine. She is also a certified yoga instructor.